Tuesday, October 12, 2010

You mess with the Spike, You get the AIDZ needle!

Listen up fuckos, I'm only going to say this once. If you hire me to book your gigs and you fail to either give me my goddamn fucking 250% or let me practice my vein marksmanship on your arm, I will fuck you. I know, I know, your band is too good to play the Roxy Parking lot because Pedro and his gang of valet's won't buy your merch or turn down their ranchera accordion mess on the shortwave. Deal with it, I'm inside the Roxy mainlining whatever I can shake out of your mom's purse and chugging happy hour courtesy of your dad's gold card...now shut up! But fine, give me one more opportunity and I'll get you the gig of your dreams. Coincidentally, your band and your culo just became the wet dream of every knuckledragger on C Block. The moral of the story is rock 'n roll doesn't have time for your crossover band and unless I get mine, neither do I.

Band arrested after blocking southbound 101 freeway to perform

HOLLYWOOD — An apparent publicity stunt by a band snarled traffic on the southbound Hollywood (101) Freeway in Hollywood today, leaving thousands of motorists stuck in a miles-long backup.

The driver of a large black truck decorated with pictures and the name of a band turned the vehicle across several lanes of freeway traffic near Sunset Boulevard shortly after 11 a.m., leaving just one lane barely passable, according to California Highway Patrol Officer Jennifer Connelly.

As traffic ground to a halt, three members of the band climbed on top of the truck, put up an American flag and began performing. Police arrived and the three were arrested, but another person took the keys to the truck and drove off in another vehicle.

Police had to call in a tow truck to remove the truck.

The truck was removed and the lanes were reopened shortly after noon.

The band, the Imperial Stars, are a self-described "hard core hip hop band" from Orange County, according to its website. The group has a song called "Traffic Jam 101."

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Spike Anderson T-shirt

The Spike Anderson T-shirt
click image to email us with your shirt size and color for a $20 shirt